As of April 2021, Pro-Vigil handles on average between 7,000 and 9,000 phone calls each month that average 54 seconds in length. The majority of these phone calls consist of a customer calling in to our toll free number, giving their safe word, and either arming or disarming the units at their site. While Pro-Vigil has provided several alternative methods for arming and disarming units, the favorite still seems to be calling in. In an effort to provide faster service and a better way to secure our customers' sites, we are releasing new Security Pin Numbers to replace Safewords and implementing a new Automated Arm/Disarm Phone System.
Pro-Vigil will be releasing a new Automated Arm/Disarm Phone system self-service option on Tuesday, June 1, 2021.
The Below Email will be sent to Pro-Vigil Customers on Tuesday, May 25, 2021.
Subject: Notification: New Security Pin Numbers & Faster Service!
All good things must come to an end...and be replaced with something much better!!
Today we’re launching a new way to secure your site with Security Pin Numbers. The new Pin Numbers will be used with our Automated Disarm/Arm Phone System to let you quickly and easily access your site during monitoring hours.
What does this mean for you?
- We will be phasing out all Safewords and transitioning to auto-generated Security Pin Numbers starting Today, May 25,2021. Your current safewords will no longer be valid after Monday, August 30, 2021.
- You can have multiple Security Pin Numbers for each of your sites and assign them to different internal employees, 3rd party cleaning or delivery services, etc.
- You can now track who is disarming or arming your site based on the Security Pin numbers you assign!
- Security Pin Numbers can be used with our Automated Disarm/Arm Phone System when you call 1-866-616-1318 and select Option 1 that will launch beginning Tuesday, June 1, 2021
How do you set up a New Security Pin?
- Call 1-866-616-1318 and speak to a Customer Support Representative that can setup as many Security Pins as you need!
- When your internal employees or 3rd party services call in with the Safeword, we will generate new Security Pins for them. Note- If there is already a security pin designated for a 3rd party service, we will provide the security pin that was already generated if the individual can verify the safeword.
Have Questions? Call Customer Support at 1-866-616-1318 to get your new Security Pin Numbers setup and get your questions answered today!
How to Reach the Automated Disarm/Arm Phone System:
- Call the Main Pro-Vigil number at 1-866-616-1318 and select Option 1 to Disarm or Arm the site
- Call 1-855-664-1233 and the customer will be connect directly with the Automated Disarm/Arm Phone System
- How can you setup Security Pin Numbers?- Call Customer Support at 1-866-616-1318 or send us an email to Customer.Support@pro-vigil.com
- Can you have multiple pin numbers for 1 site?- Yes, you can have as many Pin Numbers as you need.
- Can you have 1 pin number for multiple employees?-Yes, pin numbers can be assigned to our customers' individual internal or 3rd party employees but can also be assigned in a shared model (the same as the safewords).
- If I have multiple sites will I use one pin number for all sites?- No, for security reasons all generated PIN numbers are unique to each site. Example: If you have 3 sites, you will have 3 different security pins.
- Can Security Pin Numbers be deactivated?- Yes, if you contact Customer Support we can deactivate Security Pin Numbers.
- After I setup a new Security Pin number, when can I use it with the Automated Arm/Disarm IVR System?- After a new Pin Number is generated, it will be ready for use with our automated system after 2 hours.
- Is there a Spanish Automated System?- Yes, when you call 1-866-616-1318 and select option 5, the system will be in Spanish.
- Will I be able to find out who disarmed my site and when?- Yes, you can contact Customer Support and we can provide which Security Pin number was used to Disarm or Arm your site through the automated system.