As of April 2021, Pro-Vigil handles on average between 7,000 and 9,000 phone calls each month that average 54 seconds in length. The majority of these phone calls consist of a customer calling our toll-free number, giving their safe word, and either arming or disarming the units at their site. While Pro-Vigil has provided several alternative methods for arming and disarming units, the favorite still seems to be calling in. In an effort to provide faster service and a better way to secure our customers' sites, we are releasing new Security Pin Numbers to replace Safewords and implementing a new Automated Arm/Disarm Phone System.
Pro-Vigil has released a new automated Arm/Disarm phone system and has end-of-life safewords.
NEW Security PIN Numbers & Faster Service!
You asked, and we listened! When we first introduced Security Pins, you said, “We want more!”.
So, your new Security PIN Numbers will now be used in two different ways to support your needs.
- The first option is with our Automated Disarm/Arm Phone System to let you quickly and easily access your site during monitoring hours.
- The second option is for those customers that prefer their third-party vendors to NOT Arm/Disarm but to inform our monitoring team that you have validated staff on site and not to call out on them.
What does this mean for you?
- We have phased out all Safewords and are transitioning to auto-generated Security PIN Numbers starting October 4, 2021. Your current safewords will no longer be valid after Monday, October 4, 2021.
- You can have multiple Security PIN Numbers for each of your sites and assign them to different internal employees, 3rd party cleaning or delivery services, etc.
- You can now track who is disarming or arming your site or when 3rd party vendors are entering and leaving based on the Security PIN numbers you assign!
- Security PIN Numbers can be used with our Automated Disarm/Arm Phone System when you call 1-866-616-1318 and select Option 1.
- For Security Pins that do not disarm, the vendor will be forwarded to our 24x7 Customer Support Team to validate onsite activities.
How do you set up a New Security Pin?
- Call 1-866-616-1318 and speak to a Customer Support Representative that can set up as many Security Pins as you need!
- When your internal employees or 3rd party services call in with the Safeword, we will generate new Security Pins for them.
Note - If there is already a security pin designated for a 3rd party service, we will provide the security pin that was already generated if the individual can verify the safeword.
Have Questions? Call Customer Support at 1-866-616-1318 to get your new Security Pin Numbers set up and get your questions answered today!
How to Reach the Automated Disarm/Arm Phone System:
- Call the Main Pro-Vigil number at 1-866-616-1318 and select Option 1 to Disarm or Arm the site.
- Call 1-855-664-1233 and the customer will be connected directly with the Automated Disarm/Arm Phone System.
- How can you set up Security Pin Numbers?- Call Customer Support at 1-866-616-1318 or send us an email to Customer.Support@pro-vigil.com
- Can you have multiple pin numbers for 1 site?- Yes, you can have as many Pin Numbers as you need.
- Can you have 1 pin number for multiple employees?-Yes, pin numbers can be assigned to our customers' individual internal or 3rd party employees but can also be assigned in a shared model (the same as the safewords).
- If I have multiple sites will I use one pin number for all sites?- No, for security reasons all generated PIN numbers are unique to each site. Example: If you have 3 sites, you will have 3 different security pins.
- Will my site re-arm automatically if I forget to re-arm it myself? - No, if the site is not re-armed manually, it will stay disarmed until the normally scheduled Arm time.
- Can Security Pin Numbers be deactivated?- Yes, if you contact Customer Support we can deactivate Security Pin Numbers.
- After I set up a new Security Pin number, when can I use it with the Automated Arm/Disarm IVR System?- After a new Pin Number is generated, it will be ready for use with our automated system after 2 hours.
- Is there a Spanish Automated System?- Yes, when you call 1-866-616-1318 and select option 5, the system will be in Spanish.
- Will I be able to find out who disarmed my site and when?- Yes, you can contact Customer Support and we can provide which Security Pin number was used to Disarm or Arm your site through the automated system.