It is important to establish site monitoring protocols to let us know how to effectively monitor your site and when to contact you or the police for activity.
By default, your site monitoring protocols will be set to:
If Clear Criminal Activity is Observed then Contact the Police Department and then the PC/SC.
We recommend that you complete more If, Then scenarios to let us know what is authorized or unauthorized site activity. Completing this will make us more effective at monitoring your site and could avoid delays in dispatching the police and/or unnecessary police dispatches that could result in false police dispatch fees. You can complete a Monitoring Site Protocol Change Request online with this link: Click Here
*Note- We have several best practices or recommendations that will be displayed on the online form. Please be advised that anything outside of the recommended could result in us not being able to monitor your site effectively and could result in a GPP claim denial. GPP Guidelines
Terms / Definitions:
- PD – Local non-emergency police department
- PC – Primary Monitoring Contact
- SC – Secondary Monitoring Contact if Primary does not answer.
- Monitored Cameras – Cameras that you have selected and are contracted for Pro- Vigil to monitor during set hours.
- Open Site – Unfenced site
- Authorized Personnel – Those employees or 3 party companies working for your business that should be on site even during monitoring hours as long as they have given us a safeword
- Safeword – Identified Password for any staff, Cleaning crew or delivery crew on site during monitoring hours
- Monitored Hours – Hours that customer has defaulted to or requested for Pro-Vigil to
- monitoring their site.
- Disarm - Customer Site is not armed or being monitored.